Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Airgas, Inc.
Are you ready to lead apassionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Apply now and move yourCareer forward with Airgas as a Plant Manager in Moraine, OH!
The Plant Manager is responsible for supervisingand coordinating activities of workers engaged in producing and repackaging ofcompressed and liquid gases into cylinders, correcting unsafe acts orconditions without delay, and assigning job tasks to workers according tocustomer needs, current stock levels and workers' expertise.
- Operates and safely maintains the plant for pumping or repackaging ofgases into cylinders while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, localand company policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Studies production schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements forcompletion of job assignments.
- Establishes and/or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipmentperformance, and product quality.
- Modifies working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiencyof work crew.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and safety training isregularly scheduled, conducted and documented. Interpret company policies toworkers and enforce safety regulations.
- Ensures all injuries and accidents are properly investigated andreported within 24 hours.
- Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving, work related problems.Recommends and/or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers,discharges, and disciplinary measures. Ensures associate issues, employeerelations, etc. are effectively handled.
- Manages and leads subordinate supervisors to provide leadership.Initiate and/or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve goals. Providescoaching and corrective action promptly, to ensure that poor performers areidentified, documented and improved to acceptable performance, or released.
- Trains new workers and cross trains associates to continue productionduring personnel shortages.
- Maintains time and production records and approves overtime whenessential, while keeping overtime at acceptable levels.
- Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
- High school degree/GED required. A total of five (5) years of industryexperience to include a minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated experienceworking in a supervisory/leadership role. Prefer prior experience withcompressed/packaged gases.
- Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,and Outlook).
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leveragemetrics and related tools to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication skillsthat ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clearspeaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effectivelistening.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively withothers in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status ofposition. Accepts cultural diversity and establishes effective workingrelationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, anddivision in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to workindependently.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliancedocumentation neatly and accurately.
- Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Able to operate a fork-lift.
- Occasionallymaybe required to move up to 60 pounds or more with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position'sresponsibilities.
Airgas offers a full benefits package thatincludes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D,Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays,401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Airgas, an Air Liquidecompany, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialtygases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S.suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia productsand process chemicals.
Dedicatedto improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgassafely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its morethan 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, andAirgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leaderin gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offerscustomers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology andinnovations.
Whatdo our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Greatplace to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunityto advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Funpeople to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability