Bering Straits Native Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ESCAPE Azure Cloud Interface Specialist
at Bering Straits Native Corporation
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Global Support Services, LLC, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is seeking a qualified Enterprise Supply Chain Analysis, Planning, and Execution (ESCAPE) Azure Cloud Interface Specialist. ESCAPE’s scope is to improve the Air Force’s supply chain planning capabilities, enabling more effective warfighter combat support, and enhanced supply chain decision making. ESCAPE consists of the following mission area capabilities: demand planning, inventory planning (or optimization), supply planning, exception management and performance management.
This data position is part of the data support team under the ESCAPE Functional Service Management Office (FSMO). The FSMO is an integrated support team. ESCAPE is an HQ AFMC/A4-led, AF Sustainment Center (AFSC)-sponsored program to fully integrate supply chain planning processes across the AFMC. The ESCAPE data support team provides data management and technical integration oversight to the ESCAPE FSMO.
This data support position is a senior position functioning as an Azure Cloud Interface Specialist for ESCAPE. This position requires Azure Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence Development skills, with experience and education to support the ESCAPE ODS development and migration to an Azure Cloud.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Development and implementation of a data migration, transition and integration strategy
- Exchange of data between Air Force Supply Chain legacy systems, DLA DAAS, & an Azure hosting environment for upstream and downstream migration to and from the COTS SPM application
- An understanding of applicable data integration tools available via AF CCE 2.0 and the Azure Cloud hosting environment
- Supporting Message & Mediation services, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence capabilities
- A high-level understanding of AF Legacy Supply Chain Systems & their interfacing needs
- An understanding of AF development tools (CDRS, ISMT (CRs), SharePoint)
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Linux & Windows Server OS experience
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
- Favorable National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI)
- Must be a US Citizen
- 5 - 10 years of experience with data exchange in the Air Force environment
- Must have IASAE II baseline certification (per DoD 8750.01) of either CASP CE, CISSP or CSSLP; or obtain it within 6 months of project start
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- At least 10 years of broad/diverse background and experience in business and data analyses for Air Force Supply Chain legacy systems
- Can assess current processes and systems/applications and determine future state
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or System Engineering or other related fields
- All applicants must have United States citizenship, and be able to pass a background investigation – preferably for a Secret Clearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work seamlessly with diverse teams
- May require travel away from normal duty station (Up to 25%)
- Strong customer service skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and stay motivated and flexible
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- US Secret Security Clearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard and mouse. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required.
No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.