Dayton Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ED Assistant Nurse Manager Night Shift
at Dayton Children's Hospital
Category:Nursing - Leadership
Facility:Dayton Children's - Main Campus
Department:Emergency Department - Main Campus
The Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for the assignments of all unit based caregivers, taking into consideration patient care needs, staff mix and budgetary guidelines. The Assistant Nurse Manager provides Clinical leadership and supervision of all unit staff, working in conjunction with the Nurse Educator to meet staff educational needs. The Assistant Nurse Manager assist with the orientation and training of new employees and/or those pulled in the unit from other areas; Works with other disciplines in planning for discharge to meet the patients and family’s needs; Participates in the Quality Improvement Process by providing input and completion of audits; Completes performance appraisals, in collaboration with the Nurse Manager, as outlined by hospital policy; Adheres to hospital policies, including but not limited to confidentiality, attendance, safety and infection control; Participates with Dayton Children’s leaders to provide and improve health care services that are responsive to the community and patients’ needs and improve health care outcomes in conjunction with the hospital mission.
REQUIRED: BSN in Nursing. Graduation from an accredited program of nursing. 3 - 5 years specializing in education,pediatrics, hospital setting. RN licensure in State of Ohio. CPR Certification, PALS Certification, Professional certification within 3 years of hire. Communication skills, Computer skills, Customer Service Skills.
PREFERRED: Knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
At Dayton Children's we believe that each moment counts with our patients, families and with each other.
We are moving at a fast pace and are looking for the right talent for our team at Dayton Children's. We want people who embody our values and want to become a part of the Dayton Children's difference. If this is you, apply today!
- Safety--We make safety our first priority.
- Compassion--We deliver compassionate, family-centered care to all we serve.
- Ownership--We are the pediatric care experts and act knowing that every patient, visitor and the hospital is our collective responsibility.
- Collaboration--We work collaboratively to care for children, their families and each other.
- Innovation--We continuously innovate to make Dayton Children's even better today and into the future.
- Value Creation--We deliver quality outcomes and excellent service while being good stewards of health care resources.