Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Avionics Integration EN (Electrical)-Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Senior (16-OH-70)
at PE Systems
ESSENTIAL AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Work responsibilities may vary, depending upon assignment.
- This position supports the Fighters & Bombers Directorate (AFLCMC/WW) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Ohio as an Avionics Integration Engineer (Electrical)-Foreign Military Sales (FMS), Senior.
- Applies the experience and capability to support the assigned tasks and lead support personnel in these tasks and be capable of independently performing all tasks relevant to the performance work statement (PWS).
- Be capable of independently performing all tasks relevant to the PWS and have the experience and capability to support the assigned tasks and support personnel in the analysis, support, specialty, engineering and/or functional capability of the task.
- Apply knowledge and experience in engineering principles, criteria, and procedures to Air Force systems, subsystems, and equipment procurement activities, post award project/program management tasks, and acquisition programs throughout their life cycles. Provide products and services as described in PWS to provide general engineering functional support to include:
- Apply an understanding of DOD, AF and common engineering/scientific principles, processes and procedures to improve performance and sustainability of existing and future AF and joint service weapon systems.
- Apply MIL-HDBK-516B, Airworthiness Certification Criteria, to aircraft systems and subsystems.
- Assist in translating user requirements into weapon system requirements.
- Perform technical/mission analyses of existing and future operational requirements, assist in developing system concepts and perform technological/trade-off assessments of proposed designs/modifications.
- Provide rapid response engineering service and support
- Support and conduct the system safety engineering program
- Perform materiel solution analyses leading up to design reviews.
- Produce or support development of draft documentation and presentation materials
- Assist in translating user requirements into system requirements
- Provide support to produce or review products that include technical evaluations/plans, engineering studies, reports and analyses, and acquisition strategies/plans/documents.
- Develop and collect technical data and inputs for staff summary packages and executive briefings
- Support project team meetings, working groups, and reviews.
- Analyze equipment and software deficiencies, make recommendations for equipment and software deficiency corrections, and develop, integrate, and test equipment and software deficiency solutions.
- Assist the government in the engineering evaluation of prime and subcontractor recommendations for operational and support issues.
- Support the development and evaluation of program schedules and Systems Engineering Detail Schedule (SEDS) engineering cost estimates.
- Perform, as required, an advisory role for program source selections on all engineering related requirements.
- Support AFLCMC/WW in the performance of disciplined engineering activities to assure Operational Safety Suitability & Effectiveness (OSS&E) for all products and follow the Life Cycle Systems Engineering (LCSE) and OSS&E related direction.
- Assist with establishing, implementing and adhering to LCSE processes to ensure OSS&E compliance is achieved and maintained.
- Aid the Air Force in reviewing and updating the OSS&E Baseline Document and shall support the Air Force in the identification of OSS&E elements, progress reporting of OSS&E metrics, and interaction with other organizations to ensure continued OSS&E compliance.
- Ascertain the implementation status of the SEP throughout program operations and notify the Air Force of pertinent shortfalls or gaps for which corrective action may be needed.
- Support the Air Force Integrity Programs, maintain and update the Critical Safety Item (CSI) list, and monitor Airworthiness Certification for Fighter Bomber Directorate aircraft.
- Performs and provides specialized Avionics Integration Engineering Support.
- Serves as an Avionics Systems Integration Engineer with particular emphasis in tactical data link systems, position location, display systems, digital interphone systems and identification capabilities for application to military operations. The contractor shall communicate with other engineering functionals such as Structures, Crew Systems, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Reliability and Maintainability, Manufacturing, System Safety, etc.
- Performs development and integration of platform software requirements to include Joint Range Extension Applications Protocol, Common Link Integration Processing, Birddog, Bomber Software Builds, Falconview, and mission planning.
- Supports information management certification and accreditation to include development of Information Assurance (IA) controls, test approaches, and risk identification and mitigation to obtain an Interim Authority to Operate or Authority to Operate.
- Assists in the interoperability certification process to include coordinating with Air Force Command and Control Integration Center for program clearance into Air Force System Operability Test and Joint Interoperability Test Command testing.
- Performs engineering tasks in support of development activities including requirements definition, design, integration, test, and transition to operations. Provides assistance with the Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System requirements management.
- Performs analysis, requirement analyses, and system capacity analysis, investigate alternative solutions and architecture trade-offs, make assessments, support operations concept development, and document results. Review and/or develop draft systems engineering documents in support of Milestone reviews and events.
- Performs work with other government organizations and the prime contractor and their subcontractors to support technical information exchange and open communication on IA accreditation and certification, Frequency Management certification, and Interoperability certification.
- Participates in regular team meetings, TIMs, technical reviews, and interface control working group meetings. Supports the establishment of entrance and exit criteria, developing agendas, reviewing content, resolving action items, and coordinating the technical review of the results.
- Supports hardware/software development and related system ground and flight test activities such as but not limited to: Hardware In-the-Loop, Subsystem Integration Labs, Developmental Test & Evaluation, and Initial Operational Test & Evaluation related activities.
- Supports Airworthiness directives and assist in platform approval and certification. The contractor will utilize MIL-HDBK-516 (Airworthiness Certification Criteria) to determine applicable requirements, work with Base Engineering to verify assigned systems and subsystems meet established criteria and work with other agencies as required, to achieve a desired level of certification.
- Utilizes relevant knowledge with the requirements identified in Net Ready Key Performance Parameters Memo CJCSI6212.01F; be capable and knowledgeable of technical requirements associated with the preparation of the Information Support Plan (ISP). This engineering analysis is critical to determining Clinger Cohen Act statutory compliance, by identifying information need, net-centric, interoperability, and supportability issues and assesses conformance to the DoD Chief Information Officer's (DoD CIO) stated information policy and goals. The contractor must be capable of exploring the information-related acquisition program needs and the operational and functional capabilities that a program delivers or contributes to the warfighting enterprise. Associated experience is required in documenting, identifying and resolving potential information support implementation issues and risks that if not properly examined, will limit or restrict the ability of a program to be operationally employed in accordance with the defined capability.
- Provides Systems Integration Engineering Support (PMS)
- Applies knowledge of and experience with System Integration Engineering, coordinating expertise and skills to support the melding of the program technical components and program elements to ensure the elements function together as a system.
- Supports review and evaluation of Military Airworthiness Certification documentation, coordinating the developed consensus across engineering disciplines and providing detailed status of airworthiness activities to engineering management.
- Provides in-depth analysis of DoD and Air Force policies and processes for PMS and military airworthiness certification, systems engineering and sustainment against accepted industry or military standards for Non Developmental Item (NDI) aircraft as related to providing LAS aircraft to a Building Partner Capacity (BPC) program; identify gaps and make recommendations.
- Assists with the coordination of the engineering effort to review and evaluate planning for test similar to First Article Test (FAT). The contractor shall support the development of a consensus across engineering disciplines on the successful completion of the test similar to FAT and shall assist with providing detailed status of the test activities to engineering management.
- Applies knowledge of and support engineering efforts to include FCA/PCA, aircraft and/or simulator certifications, technical evaluation of contractor eff01ts, environmental and hazardous material management, system safety, risk management, deficiency report resolution, in addition to assisting with the integration of the system Mission Planning System and periodic update of geospatial data.
- Applies resultant system integration engineering analyses to assist with development of a LAS SEP, an OSS&E baseline, and a plan to provide engineering support for sustainment activities.
- Establishes and maintains effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and customers.
- Follows policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
- Attends work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved travel or time off.
- Performs occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required (see WORKING CONDITIONS below).
- Works flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
- Carry’s out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Submits monthly status reports and other information as requested
- Complies with requirements of the contract’s Visitor Group Security Agreement (VGSA).
- Prepares CDRL inputs including the Task Order’s Monthly Status Report.
- Completes required Government and PESystems training and certifications.
- Perform occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required.
- Work is performed indoors with some potential risks to safety and health hazards related to electronics.
- A Senior labor category shall have a minimum of 15 years of experience and an accredited (such as ABET) Bachelor’s degree in engineering. A Senior labor category typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. A Senior labor category may oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Must obtain and maintain a government security clearance at the required level.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other standard (Customer specified) applications.
- Must be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard and monitor.
PESystems Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for Employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, marital status and disability (including physical or mental disability as well as pregnancy) veteran status or any other status protected by Federal State or local law.