Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Merchant Associate Marketing
The AVP Marketing Manager owns the engagement strategy for associates at over 60,000 Payment Solutions merchants. This position requires passion for direct marketing to lead campaign efforts designed to encourage financing program utilization. This position will strategize, plan and execute an integrated communication and engagement plan for merchant associates. This position will implement a lifecycle email approach targeting new, highly engaged, low engaged and inactive associates with different email content. This position also owns the Payment Solutions Application Incentive Program (AIP) including all communications and marketing efforts. It will collaborate with analytics, legal, compliance, industry marketing managers, sales managers and Marketing Solutions to create successful programs driving a lift in application volume.
- Develop an integrated strategy to increase Associate engagement in the Payment Solutions credit programs.
- Coordinate and execute Associate Engagement email campaigns including: bi-weekly Associate touches and ad-hoc operational and servicing emails when required.
- Transition current email campaigns to a lifecycle email marketing strategy for Associates in coordination with the Merchant/owner lifecycle email strategy.
- Develop Associate Incentive Program strategy and plans to maximize applications and marketing returns.
- Execute Associate Incentive Program while collaborating with compliance and legal to ensure standard and custom programs are within guidelines.
- Initiate and execute pilot programs and test and control programs in Associate Incentive Program.
- Manage a third-party Associate Incentive Program vendor and collaborate with internal sales and marketing teams. Manage weekly touch base calls with AIP team.
- Develop metrics for all Associate touchpoints and share these metrics with key stakeholders via dashboard reporting. This includes dashboards and reporting for Associate Incentive Program with weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting summaries presented to all key stakeholders.
- Own the commercialization of the Fundbox product suite within the Synchrony business platforms. Develop expansion strategy and track metrics of commercialization performance.
- Assist in commercialization of products and services from additional strategic investments.
- Own the development and execution of quarterly Business Center upgrades and share these with Payment Solution merchants via email communications.
- Support efforts to share merchant-specific research and data insights that prove the value of financing and help influence the market perception of how best to put financing to work for small businesses and their customers.
- Collaborate with other Small Business Team resources in developing and maintaining Learning Center content.
- Ramp-up on the Sales Force Cloud platform for all Associate email communications.
- Manage marketing campaign budget.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including COPS, Marketing Solutions, legal, industry marketing managers and sales managers.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree OR, in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma/GED and 8+ years of direct marketing experience
- 5+ years of direct or client marketing/sales experience
- Demonstrated experience marketing to small businesses
- Retail or Financial Services marketing background
- Outstanding communications, relationship building, influencing and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Creative, self-motivated problem solver with a demonstrated ability to evaluate situations using multiple sources of information
- Experience using Salesforce.com, Pardot or similar platforms
- Experience with executing marketing campaigns with knowledge of MRM and Marketing Solitons
- Strong presentation skills; both oral and written
- Email design and execution
- Excellent attention to detail
- Word/PowerPoint/Process Mapping Skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.