Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Vulnerability Management (L11)
The AVP, Vulnerability Management position will execute and direct the work of the Synchrony (SYF) Vulnerability Management Team. This individual will enhance processes and drive efforts to identify, assess, and prioritize vulnerabilities for remediation. The position will also be responsible for executing the strategic direction set by the VP of Application Security.
- Coordinate the scanning and identification of vulnerabilities associated with hosts connected to the Synchrony network
- Maintain all tools that are used in the scanning and identification of vulnerabilities, as well as the tools used to rationalize, consolidate, and apply additional contextual information
- Identify and assess specific emergency or priority vulnerabilities, guided by input from other elements of the firm such as cyber intelligence, and suggest specific remediation approaches.
- Maintain cooperative relationship with infrastructure, application, database, network, and desktop/laptop teams to drive remediation
- Analyze vulnerability data and assist with the prioritization and remediation of the identified vulnerabilities commensurate to risk and the SYF vulnerability management standard
- Understand vulnerabilities, their impacts, mitigation techniques, and document and articulate this understanding to various stakeholders
- Update and develop security standards and templates as required to meet new regulatory/audit/etc. requirements
- Improve the efficacy and efficiency of specific SYF VM practices, including vulnerability identification/assessment/remediation.
- Leverage and enhance existing VM frameworks/policies/standards to ensure SYF VM maintains a minimum of industry best practices commiserate with organization’s risk profile while also ensuring compliance with industry standards (e.g., PCI DSS).
- Coordinate collection of data and documentation in support of examinations/audits
- Work with existing solution vendors (e.g., Qualys) as necessary; identify potential solutions.
- Minimum of 2 years Enterprise tools (such as Qualys, tenable, or nextpose)
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 3 years of work experience in Technology OR in lieu of a degree, a High School Diploma/GED and minimum 5 years work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in vulnerability management.
- Industry certifications, such as CISSP
- Financial services industry experience.
- Deep knowledge of and experience in vulnerability management, risk management, information security, and use of tools like Qualys
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, to include ability to present detailed technical solutions to a non-technical audience
- Excellent problem-solving skills, to include demonstrated experience in and ability to analyze, understand, and resolve highly complex technical and non-technical issues and pursue the most relevant course of action
- Self-starter with ability to work with only limited guidance/direction
- Awareness of the latest cybersecurity trends and developments.
- Experience in planning and leading collaboration among technical teams
- Experience in building consensus across multiple organizations with distributed and heterogeneous teams comprised of individuals with divergent priorities.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles.Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627.Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Information Technology
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.