Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SVP, Marketing - Synchrony HOME
The Synchrony HOME marketing leader’s purpose is to shape and drive the home network vision and journey, increasing shopper and partner engagement and delivering business results. This strategic and highly visible role requires a passionate, consumer-centric leader with demonstrated ability to create growth opportunities, drive change, and instigate positive disruption. Reporting to the CMO, Payment Solutions, this individual will have deep experience and passion for the customer and merchant experience, the home industry including the nuances of the Payment Solutions space, client insight and influence, private label credit card and world sales marketing.
- Create, develop, and execute a multi-phased dynamic marketing plan to grow the consumer and partner base for the Synchrony HOME program. This includes going directly to the consumer to originate accounts and working with multiple sales & marketing teams to consistently deliver and promote the value proposition.
- Drive existing acceptance of The Synchrony HOME card at all branded programs and across franchised and independent locations. Leverage white label Discover program to drive world acceptance and value at over 2 million locations.
- Own association (i.e. HFA and Nationwide) relationships and develop independent growth plans and go to market strategies for these businesses as well as any new acquisitions. Optimize contractual funds.
- Originate content, tools, and experiences to engage the consumer. This includes managing the Synchrony HOME app, web, and social strategies.
- Own the vision, branding, positioning, PR, and engagement strategy for Synchrony HOME while aligning with the corporate and Payment Solutions branding teams.
- Guide the Synchrony Executive Leadership Team in long-term growth targets & projected sales growth. Develop overall Synchrony HOME growth strategy in conjunction with platform leaders.
- Request, track, forecast, and drive the Synchrony HOME budget. Be agile to pulse funds in and out of the program based on available dollars.
- Manage all sales forecasts aligned in several categories: first sale, repeat sale, cross-shop sale, direct to consumer sales, and World sale. Partner with cross-functional team to identify profitability correlations and pivot course as needed.
- Court existing home category Synchrony plcc players (potential to triple offering) and design plan for them to join, originate, and accept, within Synchrony HOME.
- Develop Payment Solution home improvement and home specialty integration strategy inclusive of pricing and product change considerations in 2019.
- Identify, capture and win new partnerships with home adjacencies, aggregators, and influencers as well as traditional players. Leverage unique structure/pricing opportunities to gain traction. Develop and implement playbook with sales and BD.
- Lead a cross-functional matrix marketing team to drive card and merchant acquisition and activation strategies (in and out of the network), execute campaigns and track performance, conduct informal and formal research, and prioritize analytics.
- Establish and communicate across the organization partner "running rules" for levels of customization and marketing reach. Develop consistent messaging for cardholder benefits that all acceptors may leverage for their programs incremental to Synchrony HOME marketing.
- Ensure performance goals are met and company compliance requirements are satisfied.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma and 16 years of marketing experience
- A minimum of 12 years of work experience to include the following:
- 10 years of experience with B2C Sales and Marketing including experience integrating market research, client management, and business requirements into a connected marketing strategy
- 3 years of experience managing digital marketing including online, email, and mobile marketing channels
- 5 years of experience directly managing a team including demonstrated leadership and experience in hiring, developing, and motivating the team
- Broad knowledge of retailer partnerships including small businesses, e-tailers, and non-traditional players
- Financial service experience with co-branded/dual card expertise
- Home Industry and consumer marketing experience
- Ability to effectively influence across functions and platforms and create win/win opportunities
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.