Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Cyber Intelligence, Senior Technical Intelligence Analyst
The VP, Cyber Intelligence, Senior Technical Intelligence Analyst will participate in leading the Cyber Intelligence function. The Analyst’s key responsibilities include leading the team’s daily technical analysis processes, delivering technical intelligence to internal customers including operational threat detection and incident response teams, and mentoring of team members. The Cyber Intelligence Team assesses cyber and fraud threats to aid and enable prevention and detection of potential threat events and inform business planning. The ideal candidate will possess prior threat intelligence, Information Security (IS), and financial services expertise.
- Lead technical analysis efforts ensuring findings are delivered to customers in an effective manner conforming to team standards for timeliness and processes.
- Serve as a senior technical intelligence resource supporting all internal customers with primary focus on Incident Response, Detection, and SecDevOps teams.
- Conduct technical intelligence analysis aiding in identification of threats, and collaborate with IS, IT, and Fraud teams to improve protections and reduce attack surface where possible.
- Assist in design of technical intelligence strategies and in their implementation, to include designing of procedures meeting regulatory requirements for repeatability and consistency.
- Benchmark and implement industry best practices for threat categorization and cybersecurity operations, such as MITRE ATT&CK and NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF).
- Provide counsel to management regarding vendors, technologies, and special projects, and interact with suppliers to ensure appropriateness of intelligence delivered and proper configuration and use of intelligence tools.
- Interface with industry peers to acquire and share threat intelligence and identify best-practices in the sector.
- Aid in the creation and delivery of written intelligence reports and oral intelligence briefings for all-levels of the firm; and in identifying of customer intelligence requirements.
- Contextualize intelligence findings in terms of business objectives and drivers and translate threats to business risk.
- Exemplify effective collaboration with other teams in Information Security, Physical Security, Fraud, and IT.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience in information systems or intelligence required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years of cyber security, threat intelligence, Hunt, red team / penetration testing or other traditional intelligence experience.
- Experience as a cyber threat intelligence professional
- Experience in the US intelligence community and familiarity with analytic standards and tradecraft
- Experience in the financial services sector
- Experience drafting intelligence standard operating procedures
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Expertise to clearly define complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information
- Excellent consulting skills and superior ability to develop and maintain effective client relationships
- Knowledge of scripting languages, API functionality, and data access methodologies.
- One or more relevant security certifications (GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GCFA, SANS, or comparable)
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: YES
Job Family Group:Information Technology
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.