Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TSLC Registered Nurse Manager - Memory Care Ltc V10221
at Trinity Healthcare
Expected Weekly Hours:8
Job Description Details:
Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity
Health and Trinity Senior Living Communities in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
2. Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) Sanctuary Values to all internal and external customers (residents,
visitors, volunteers, and associates.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm
environment throughout the community. Actively participates / intervenes with direct care as needed and as a role
model in ongoing Sanctuary Training of personnel.
3. Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TSLC.
4. Maintain departmental procedures that support the necessary operational functions for the department.
5. Determine departmental staffing requirements and assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of
personnel for the Community or Department
6. Monitor department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedules), personnel, work assignments, etc., to
ensure proper work flow and adequate staffing levels in compliance with state minimum regulations and sanctuary
budgeted PPD hours
7. Evaluate, develop, mentor, coach, counsel and discipline department staff. Supports community personnel from
other departments through coaching and mentoring to help achieve optimum standard of excellence. Addresses
issues of concern through courageous conversation and notifies department manager of any interactions requiring
8. Participate in community surveys and when necessary develop a plan of correction for department deficiencies.
9. Demonstrate knowledge of Sanctuary initiatives and implementation of the various processes.
10. Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing personnel assigned to you in accordance with current rules,
regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care community.
11. Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services to ensure that the resident's total
regimen of care is maintained.
12. Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the community's quality assurance program
for the nursing service department.
13. Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as necessary.
14. Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident's admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
15. Chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well
as the resident's response to the care.
16. Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation
policies and procedures.
Registered Nurse Manager.doc Page 2 of 3
17. Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician while observing the 5 rights of medication
18. Review medication administration, treatment administration records for completeness of information, accuracy in
the transcription of the physician's order, and adherence to stop order policies.
19. Make daily rounds of your neighborhood/unit/shift to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing
their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report problem areas to the Clinical
20. Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician, and in accordance
with our established procedures.
21. Administer professional services such as; catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing
dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion
exercise, care for the dead/dying, etc., as required.
22. Assist in training nursing department personnel.
23. Monitor your shift's personnel to ensure that they are following established safety regulations in the use of
equipment and supplies.
24. Ensure that your assigned work areas (i.e., nurses' stations, medicine preparation rooms, etc.) and your unit’s
resident’s care rooms and treatment areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
25. Ensure that an adequate stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on your
unit/shift at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
26. Review care plans daily to ensure that appropriate care is being rendered.
27. Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the Director of Nursing
and/or Administrator indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance. Follow
community's established procedures.
28. Must function independently, make independent decisions, demonstrate flexibility, personal integrity and ability to
work effectively with residents and personnel.
29. Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance
with the community policies and procedures.
30. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, TSLC Corporate
Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a
manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behav
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. It serves people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with 93 hospitals, and 120 continuing care locations — including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities - that provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians. Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, we are known for our focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, Trinity Health is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs.